March 17/18 · 21
Welcome to The Republic Journal. My writing style is casual and furiously fast. My goal is to inform my readers of worthy news while avoiding useless gossip. I keep the political commentary to an absolute minimum and provide educational insight to legislation that you need to know about. From news to political strategy to heart warming encouraging articles, you will find it all here. Thank you for joining me on this journey we all call life. I provide updates throughout each day M-F.
Could someone send me the name of the mask manufacturer who advertises their product will prevent or slow the spread of COVID? I couldn’t find a single one in any retailer that promised to slow COVID down. Rhetorical? No. Sarcastic? 100%, but the question gets to the heart of the science.
Let’s Get Started
- I will have limited updates on Thursday. Friday will be loaded with updates on election audits in GA, PA, MI, WI, and AZ.
- “The Biden administration has made the federal government the last link in the chain of human smuggling.” – Rep. Yvette Herrell
- Planet Fitness revenues dropped 30% from a year ago due to COVID restrictions and some of the locations allowing males into female restrooms facilities.
- “Fear does not stop death, it stops life. And worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles, it takes away today’s peace.” – Dr. Nicole Saphier
- Massive class action lawsuit about to hit the Weather Channel. It was discovered that the Weather Channel tracked users even when the mobile app was closed and then sold that data to third-party organizations without the user’s permission.
- PA Republicans have referred Governor Wolf to a criminal investigation over his requiring nursing homes to take covid patients despite knowing that COVID was lethal to that age group. The sickness of Democrat governors is astounding.
- “There is no room in our classrooms for things like Critical Race Theory. Teaching kids to hate their country and to hate each other is not worth one red cent of taxpayer money.” – Florida Governor DeSantis
- House Democrats have voted against requiring illegal immigrants to test for COVID!!!!! No Joke!
- Press Secretary said this morning that, “We understand it’s hard. People want to see their family members and friends. But we are fighting through this pandemic. People are still dying across the country.” However, she has nothing to say about the super spreader event they are allowing to occur at the border. A double standard based on who you are and that is as unconstitutional as one can get. Imagine that a U.S. citizen is forced into restrictions while non-citizens are giving free access to break laws without punishment and you have the new radicalized Democrat party.
- “Georgia law enforcement said at a news conference Wed morning that the massage parlor shooter told them race was not his motivation in carrying out killings, but that he blamed the spas for his “sex addiction.” He also told them he was going to Florida to commit more shootings.” – Aimee Sachs
- Kentucky passed election integrity reform with bipartisan support.
- Ends ballot harvesting.
- Requires universal statewide ballots.
- Only allows three days of early voting.
- Provides a process for signature verification by voters whose signatures might change over a period of time.
- Requires the state to clean voter rolls between elections.
- U.S. District Judge Marco Hernandez, nominated by both Bush and Obama and won by unanimous decision in the Senate has become a sore subject in Oregon. Judge Hernandez has now held Portland OR in contempt of court over its use of non-lethal tools in its efforts to stop the violent riots. This past June, Hernandez placed a restraining order on Portland from using non-lethal tools on “passive” protestors. The word passive is most certainly subjective in nature and what is passive about citizens preventing other citizens from their constitutional rights to free passage in their own city? Now, he’s ordering officers to undergo training and ordering them to stand down on how many consecutive days they can actually police the rioters. NO JOKE. He’s giving the rioters a free pass to cause mayhem. How can the judge ignore the tens of millions of dollars caused by these rioters and state that they have a right to engage in lawless activity? Judge Hernandez would say that I’m lying and that he isn’t giving rioters a free pass. However, if you restrict how many days police can prevent such unlawful activity from occurring you are working with lawbreakers which is a violation of one’s oath of office.
- Liberals in Michigan are arguing that rules to keep certain residents off of redistricting boards are unconstitutional. However, after being defeated in 3 different courts they are back at it again. The rules stipulate that no elected official, family members of elected officials, political consultants, lobbyists, etc. may be on a redistricting board. This is about as honest of a rule as one can get in my humble opinion. However, the liberals hate this rule because they have Soros willing to pay people to be part of the process.
- There is a GOP war brewing in Texas after Speaker of the House Dade Phelan blocked a Republican-led effort to retroactively reduce energy prices as a result of the unprecedented winter storm. Many homeowners were hit with thousands of dollars in unexpected costs. The bill was requested by Gov. Abbott and the House suspended all rules for the purpose of rushing this bill through only to be blockaded in the committee by Speaker Phelan. Not sure the speaker can survive his political future if he refuses such a request by the entire GOP party.
- The PA legislature will have another hearing tomorrow on mail-in ballot procedures and election 2020 problems.
- Breaking…Russia has called back its US ambassador Anatoly Antonov after Biden called Putin a killer. Russia has called such words, “irreversible degradation.”
- South China Sea – Most know that I follow this on a daily basis because it’s one of two regional conflicts which seems inevitable. The other is a Lebanon/Israeli war coming soon.
- France has parked naval warships in Vietnam as a show of force against China.
- China published a report regarding U.S. presence in the South China Sea which said, “The intensity, in terms of the scale, number and duration, of the U.S. military activities in the region in 2020 was rarely seen in recent years.”
- Taiwan announced the U.S. sent sensitive equipment to upgrade their submarine capabilities to help defend themselves against a China war. China has claimed Taiwan as its sovereign land, but Taiwan has promised to defend itself against a hostile takeover.
- BREAKING in more ways than one. Beverly Hills city council just passed a vote of no confidence in district attorney, George Gascon. George is a little Hitler who is moving to release the most violent criminals back to the streets. He also published a list of laws that he will not prosecute if they are broken. Santa Clara city council also passed a no-confidence vote. Judges who are higher on the food chain have censured George by refusing to send him high-profile cases. George went so far as refusing to increase penalties for two men who decapitated a girl because of “racism.” When liberal cities claim you’re a monster that is truly saying something.
- Now that Biden/Harris are in power no world leader feels the need to restrain their tyrannical desires. Take the sister of Kim Jong-Un of North Korea who told Biden that, “If it [USA] wants to sleep in peace for coming four years, it had better refrain from causing a stink at its first step.” She said this as U.S. officials arrive in South Korea for military defense talks.
- Britain will expand its nuclear stockpile by 40% in light of the dangers presented by Russia, China, and lax pressure by Biden on Iran. Britain has committed to having one nuclear sub on patrol 24/7 as a deterrent measure.
- Alabama announced they have passed $2b in trade with France as their trade agreements have created thousands of high-paying jobs for Al residents.
- Gov. DeSantis of Fl, “calls for $3,000 bonuses for educators who complete training and earn the Civics Seal of Excellence endorsement, with the goal of elevating civics knowledge within our schools and creating humble, civically minded citizens of tomorrow.”
- 12 state AGs are taking Democrats to the Supreme Court over a provision in the newly enacted $1.2T covid bill. Their beef is a provision in the bill that prevents states from passing tax cuts of ANY kind. If the state does pass a tax cut, then they no longer have a right to the relief funds. This is unconstitutional and a growing number of states are just now waking up to this news and are joining other AGs in suing the Democrat-led congress.
Quote for of the Day
“Caretake this moment. Immerse yourself in its particulars. Respond to this person, this challenge, this deed. Quit evasions. Stop giving yourself needless trouble. It is time to really live.” – Epictetus
Picture of the Day
Vintage illustration of how our political leaders are blowing hot air.