March 11 · 21
Welcome to The Republic Journal. My writing style is casual and furiously fast. My goal is to inform my readers of worthy news while avoiding useless gossip. I keep the political commentary to an absolute minimum and provide educational insight to legislation that you need to know about. From news to political strategy to heart warming encouraging articles, you will find it all here. Thank you for joining me on this journey we all call life. I provide updates throughout each day M-F.
The Need for Moral Courage
“No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.” – Ronald Reagan
Forthcoming article…Stay Tuned.
Let’s Get Started
- U.S. House Update:
- There are two special elections taking place on March 20th in Louisiana for the U.S. House. The seats will remain in the same party of 1 for GOP and 1 for DEM. However, Julia Letlow is running for a guaranteed GOP seat whose husband died before taking office from COVID complications.
- There is a special election taking place on May 1 to replace Rep. Wright (REP) who died from COVID complications. Race is expected to remain GOP.
- A special election will be held on August 3rd to replace (DEM) Marcia Fudge who left to go work for Biden. Although it might be expected to stay in DEM corner redistricting could seriously alter Dems chances of keeping this seat.
- New Mexico (DEM) Deb Haaland will be working for Biden and once she moves out that will open another seat and again depending on redistricting will determine how competitive that race is.
- Current makeup of House is (DEM) 220 (GOP) 211. 4 Vacancies.
- GOP poised to pick up 5 easy seats in 2022 due to census. 218 the number to reach a majority so this puts the GOP right in line to win control again.
- Windham NH Senate passed a bill requiring a full audit of the 2020 elections. It passed by a vote of 20-0!!! It goes to the house for a full vote next week.
- Border crossings surge and once again Gov. Ducey of Arizona acts more like the radicalized Democrats instead of a common sense leader by refusing to send in his national guard to stem the tide. This is why he’s under a citizen’s recall petition.
- Twitter is currently being sued for hosting child pornography and they are attempting to use Section 230 as the means to dismiss the case. Section 230 is a law that shields online social media publishers from being held accountable for user content. However, this law ONLY applies to companies that NEVER edit users’ content which Twitter does regularly.
- Minneapolis City Council voted to pay George Floyd family $27m to settle their lawsuit.
- Biden is traveling to New Hampshire to sign the “covid” relief bill in an effort to bolster Senator Maggie Hassan’s chances of re-election. Maggie has an uphill battle to overcome given the radicalized agenda of Biden isn’t sitting well in the Granite State. However, notice how Maggie is making Americans wait to get their relief another week just for a photo op?
- NASA has asked the Navajo nation to give them 50 names to use in naming features discovered on Mars with rover Perseverance.
- “A Hawthorne man was sentenced today to 212 years in federal prison for intentionally driving his ex-wife and two disabled sons off a wharf at the Port of Los Angeles into the ocean – drowning the boys who were trapped in the car – to collect on accidental death insurance policies he had taken out on their lives.” – FBI
- South Korean defense official charged with defrauding the U.S. military. The FBI said, “From at least as early as February 2015 until at least June 2018, Jo submitted hundreds of falsified or materially altered laboratory reports, misrepresenting to U.S. military officials that laboratory testing and analysis had been performed on samples taken from U.S. military installations located in South Korea, when, in many cases, no such testing was performed. As part of the scheme, Jo emailed the forged laboratory reports and invoices seeking payment for those reports to the Department of Defense, causing the Defense Financial Accounting Service to wire more than $280,000 in payments.”
- Four men in CA. were charged with filling out 150 fraudulent applications for COVID relief for a total sum of $21m. The men have been charged and are awaiting trial.
- There is a Massive legal case to pay attention to in California. Environmental groups received federal approval to sue global oil companies in state court. Yes, you read that right. Instead of challenging this at the federal level, these groups are attempting to use state courts that are friendly to their radicalized agenda to push their extremism onto all of us. They’re arguing that oil companies are responsible for global warming and therefore should pay enormous sums of money to governments in the U.S. This would mean that a state court in California could decide a case that affects the other 49 states. The fact that a federal court agreed to this is judicial insanity. More than a dozen republican AGs are challenging this attempt to circumvent judicial standing by going straight to the Supreme Court to put a stop to it.
Humor for of the Day
Comedian Will Rogers was once asked if his ancestors came over on the Mayflower. “No,” he replied. “But my relatives were here to meet them.”
Picture of the Day
Vintage illustration of the Buffalo Bill show that amazed Americans from the east to the west.