March 11 · 21
Welcome to The Republic Journal. My writing style is casual and furiously fast. My goal is to inform my readers of worthy news while avoiding useless gossip. I keep the political commentary to an absolute minimum and provide educational insight to legislation that you need to know about. From news to political strategy to heart warming encouraging articles, you will find it all here. Thank you for joining me on this journey we all call life. I provide updates throughout each day M-F.
The Need for Moral Courage
“No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.” – Ronald Reagan
Forthcoming article…Stay Tuned.
Let’s Get Started
- Conservative Attorney General Cameron of KY is leading by example. He donated $15k of his campaign inaugural funds to three well-deserving charities. I defy you to find ONE Democrat who has done anything remotely as Cameron has.
- Via Wired Magazine – UK has started to secretly test a controversial web snooping tool that could log and store the web browsing of every single person in the country.
- Arizona Republican and state House Speaker, Rusty Bowers, is being recalled by voters since he was working behind the scenes to have Democrats support him as speaker despite Republican objections. He was already turning into a Democrat but was playing the game. Rumor has it that he’s mulling resignation to avoid the public humiliation of being recalled.
- “BREAKING → House Democrats just REJECTED an amendment that would have required ICE to be notified if an illegal immigrant tries to buy a gun. But they’re fine taking away the gun rights of law-abiding American citizens.” – Rep. Scalise
- China just gave itself the right to veto candidates in Hong Kong they disagree with. They will allow citizens to vote for whoever China approves of. That’s not democracy.
- MS Gov. Tates signed a bill banning men from competing in female sports.
- NYC police are now investigating sexual assault complaints against Cuomo. This takes it out of the political sphere where Cuomo has control and into a criminal investigation where he lacks control.
- California working to require ethnic studies for all students and force them to chant to the Aztec deity of human sacrifice. This is no joke and it shows how spiritual the events which are unfolding in our nation really are. You can’t study about Jesus but they can force you to pray to the God who requires human sacrifice?
- Emmanuel Quinones, 23, brought a loaded AR-15 to a Black Lives Matter event where he planned, “to off racists and MAGA people.” He has been sentenced to 46 months in federal prison by the DOJ. When Mr. Quinones was told to drop his weapon he shouted, “this is a revolution” and “President Trump must die.”
- BREAKING…Hearings in Fulton Co. GA today to compel the election board to allow inspection of 2020 ballots. The dam is starting to break everywhere in the nation now that concrete evidence is coming forth of a rigged election.
- Attorney General Steve Marshall announced the indictment of Leroy Davie Uphaw, a former sheriff of Barbour County, for the intentional use of his public position for personal gain. Upshaw, 49, of Eufaula, was previously arrested by warrants in September 2020 and was released on a bond totaling $30,000 that remains in effect. His term as sheriff ended in January 2019.
- Texas AG Ken Paxton is urging all Republican-controlled states to make election integrity their highest priority.
- Florida House passes Covid liability protection for small-business owners.
- WV moves to reinstate capital punishment.
- Washington state Democrats are on the verge of raising the cost of gasoline by .57 per gallon.
- Maryland Democrats on the verge of passing the most anti-worker bill in U.S. history by claiming it will help the environment. They will literally end their state’s industrial complex.
- Mexican government complaining about the massive spike in organized crime due to Biden’s border policies.
- Gov. DeSantis of Florida issued an executive order canceling all fines relating to covid lockdown restrictions.
The Socratic Conservative
To Mask or Not To Mask? That Is The Question.
In Arizona, state Rep. Joseph Chaplik has sponsored legislation which moves mask mandates from government authority to a small-business owner’s perogative. In Texas, Governor Abbott removed the mask mandate which led to Houston’s chief of police politicizing his office for emotional reasons stating that there will be deaths as a result of this policy. Forget the fact that there were deaths when the mask mandate was in effect.
How should the socratic conservative respond? With a question of course. However, let’s first understand a principle at work here. Republicans have allowed the mask mandate to become a poltiical issue instead of a scientific issue. Instead of the mandate being Republicans versus Democrats we must move this issue into a debate about masks being science or science fiction. Therefore, there is only one question Republicans should ask Democrats and the public.
If I were Governor Abbott, I would put it like this: Chief Acevedo, could you give me the name of the mask manufacturer who has legally advertised their masks can prevent or slow the spread of covid? This one question takes the politics out of the issue and puts the spotlight on the science of wearing masks. Therefore, since no manufacturer would dare make the statement that they can slow covid’s spread, we uncover the fallacy of the mask mandate, and we place this issue back into the corner of science fiction.
Furthermore, I would ask for the scientific papers detailing which masks were proven to slow the spread of covid. Again, no such report exists. Lastly, I would point to states and cities with no restrictions in place which aptly demonstrates there is no difference in covid case counts. The only difference they will find is that mask-mandate states have higher death rates especially among nursing home residents.
As always, the question reveals the lie by leading our citizens down a path to a self evident revelation of truth. Imagine how many citizens would immediately start looking for masks which claim to slow or prevent the spread of covid.
We must help the public understand the truth in a midst of lies set forth by a very new and radicalized Democrat party.
Quote of the Day
‘It’s never too late to be what you might’ve been.” George Eliot
Picture of the Day
Vintage illustration of how the media feeds lies to the American people.