The Rest Of The Story
Encouraging Word For The Day…
Do you desire to get more rest? This is not a rhetorical question as I know many have issues sleeping over the restlessness in their mind. Therefore, let me give you a sure-fire way of causing your heart and mind to rest, which will help you to find the deep sleep you desire.
- Turn off all electronic devices one hour before bed.
- Read a book before bed but not a political book.
- Exercise at least 20 minutes a day where your heart rate is elevated. Walking is helpful, but God designed us to exert the smallest amount of energy while walking. Therefore, raise your knees, jog, or run for 20 seconds at a time while walking to ensure that your heart rate has increased.
- Do not eat after 6 pm. This alone will bless your entire body. Your liver wakes up with or without rest around 4 am in your time zone, and if you haven’t allowed it to rest, you are wreaking havoc on your body.
- Want to really help your body and mind get some rest? Do a 20-minute workout 3 times a week before you eat breakfast but on top of your other exercise routines. Why? You will burn through the liquid glucose your body is storing which helps you to lose weight and feel better.
- Drink lots of water during the day.
- Literally, say out loud when you are ready to go play, “I allow myself the freedom to not worry about our nation, my problems, or the negative aspects of life right now. I will allow myself to go play and have fun and enjoy the life that God has given to me.” It’s not that we take a vacation from life, but we shouldn’t become a prisoner of the ills of life either. Jim Rohn said it best when he said, “wherever you are there.” In other words, when you’re working, work hard. When you’re with the kids be with your kids at maximum capacity. When you’re listening or reading about news give yourself fully to it. However, when you play, when you rest, when you enjoy a hobby, then fully be there at that moment.
- Most of all, remember the Almighty Living God and ask for His peace, rest, and joy, and He will most certainly give it to you.
- We must understand that our diet, exercise, digital consumption, and what we feed our minds all day long will contribute to how much rest we obtain each night. Start sowing better choices today so you can reap better rewards tomorrow.
Support My Efforts To Keep America Free